Sunday, March 16, 2008

Newbie becomes Twitter convert!

After much encouragement from such cool chicks as Eden, Connie, and Kate during a raucous and rowdy geeky girls get-together last week (martinis may have been involved), I decided to give Twitter one more shot.

And I am SO glad I did! Wow, I HAVE been missing out! Thanks to a few tips from my new Twitter friends on how to use it I totally get it now. Count me in among the throngs in the pro-Twitter camp.

I still don't kid myself that it's mainstream -- or even close to approaching the usability that made facebook and myspace household names -- but it definitely has that potential. And I'm excited to be watching its development from the user perspective!

3 comments:

Connie Crosby said...

Glad to help in the conversion. Heh. One thing I love is seeing the lightbulb go on when someone "gets" a new tool. You've helped to do that for me with Second Life.

Cheers,
Connie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny Bullough said...

Thanks Connie! Good to know that we can guide each other through the uncharted waters of social media. That's what online community is all about!

Jenny